- Stir fry tonight. Chicken, bok choi, pea pods, peas, scallions, tricolor carrots, lomein noodles. Mirin, soy sauce, a little honey. Josie Adolf and Kevin will put bottled “Classic sauce” on it in the end.
- Oven not preheating and staying hot like it should. But I managed to make some cookies in between its shenanigans.
- Rode my bike to Wild Oats this morning to have breakfast with Jeanne.
- Two flowers came up from the bulbs I planted years ago. I brought them inside. Three other flowers grew out back and I’m not sure why. The lilac bush we planted last year is still small but it is healthy, so that’s nice.
- Made Russian iced tea with fresh squeezed orange and lemon juice.
- Kevin and Josie are coming over.
- I’m reading Oryx and Crake, The City of Stairs, The Thief (because Meg Whalen Turner has a NEW one finally, so a reread is in order), and the Short Drop. Jim has been reading graphic novels…Lemire’s Roughnecks, and one called Tom Boy. Maggie just finished Chronicle of a Death Foretold and on her own she is reading The Butcher’s Hook. Josie is reading Catcher in the Rye.
- The house smells like ginger and scallions and cookies. There is grass on the ground and new leaves on the trees and the first cherries were at the store.
- Yesterday we went to see Josie at All State, Nana, Pupa, Jim, Michele.